The prinicple of a light emitting diode (LED) has been around since the beginning of the 20th Century but it wasn't until the early part of this century that they really became established in mainstream applications. Now LED's are not only more commonplace in a whole variety of applications, but their acceptance and use in any and every situation is increasing at an enormous rate.
Today, LED lights come with a whole range of benefits
- Low energy consumption
- High efficiency: 100+ lumens per WATT.
- Low heat output. For every watt of heat put into a building, it can take up to 0.6 Watts of power to get rid of. Critical fo Cold Stores and Data Centres where elimination of heat is vital.
- Versatile control: Using out LEMS Wirelesss networked lighting management system. Adding unique lighting control without any wires while saving you even more
- Quick start - 100% light ouptut in 1/10th of a second from switch on
- Ideal working colour temperature - LED solution uses daylight colour temperature
- Low maintenence: Lumos LED's have a life span of 50,000 hours, meaning if you only turn on when its dark they'll last more than 12 years.